What Is a Heat Pump?
Heat pumps are extremely energy-efficient HVAC systems because they transfer heat rather than generating it to control the temperature inside your home or business. In the winter, heat pumps pull heat in from the air outside—even though it can feel brutally cold in the Lehigh Valley, there is still heat in the air during winter!
A heat pump can act as a cooling system as well—in the summer, heat pumps pull the heat from the air inside your home to cool it down. This transfer of heat allows the system to provide year-round comfort solutions while saving you money on your monthly utility bills!
At Jack Lehr, we offer:
If you are unsure about what kind of heat pump is right for you, we can help! You may also be interested in reading this Trane and Mitsubishi heat pump comparison.
Allentown Heat Pump Installation
Did you know that heat pumps are among the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems on the market? A higher level of energy efficiency can mean lowered utility bills, and a new heat pump installation can pay for itself within five to ten years!
If you’re looking to install a new heat pump in your Greater Lehigh Valley area home or business, contact the professionals at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric! We have been installing heat pumps throughout the PA and NJ area for over 40 years and can help you select the best system based on your indoor air comfort needs.
We take pride in meeting and often exceeding industry standards in our HVAC services, and we’re familiar with all Pennsylvania building and safety codes. Trust us to handle your heat pump installation and schedule service today by calling Jack Lehr at 888-454-7365!
Heat Pump Replacement in Allentown, PA
Are you already utilizing a heat pump in your home? Does it seem to be on its last leg? If that’s the case, there’s no need to fret! When you’re looking for heat pump replacement services in the Greater Lehigh Valley area, Jack Lehr can help.
If your heat pump is experiencing more and more repairs, it might be time to replace it with a new, more energy efficient system. Most models have a lifespan of 10 – 15 years, so if you’ve had your current system for more than a decade, consider replacing your heat pump before it breaks down in the middle of winter or on the hottest day of summer! Our team understands the ins and outs of heat pump systems. We can help you determine the best replacement system that matches both your needs and budget.
Heat Pump Maintenance in the Lehigh Valley Area
Since your heat pump works year round to heat and cool your Allentown area home, we recommend that you have a professional HVAC technician inspect your system twice a year. During this regular maintenance, service professionals will inspect and tune up your heat pump to ensure that it’s ready for the heating or cooling season ahead.
The heat pump maintenance process often includes:
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter cleaning and replacement
- Refrigerant charge inspection and optimization
- Airflow testing and correction
- Electrical connection check
- Motor voltage and currents measurement
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Temperature checks between supply and return air
- Safety control inspection
- And more!
When you schedule heat pump maintenance and inspection with the pros at Jack Lehr, we are also well equipped to repair your system should any problem be found or diagnosed during the tune-up. This will ensure that your system can continue to run at optimal energy efficiency and continue to provide home comfort all season long.
Schedule Heat Pump Repair in the Lehigh Valley
Signs you might need your heat pump repaired include:
- Rising heating and cooling costs – If you’re seeing a rising energy bill, you’re not enjoying the full benefit of a heat pump system! Once you see an increase of about 10-30 percent, it’s time to call a professional to investigate.
- Short cycling – Short cycling occurs when your heat pump turns on or off too frequently, often before a cycle finishes or before a temperature change has occurred. That is a sign that your HVAC system needs to be diagnosed.
- Getting stuck in “heat” or “cool” mode – This is not an uncommon issue. It’s an easy fix for a professional HVAC contractor!
- Producing strange sounds – Your heat pump should have a generally quiet operation, so loud whistles, clangs, bangs, or pops are a bad sign.
Why Choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric for Heat Pump Service?
When you’re looking for heat pump services in the Allentown, PA area, we know you have a lot of companies to choose from. When you choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience. We’re a local, family owned company and have been providing superior service at reasonable prices for more than 40 years.
- Certified technicians. When you schedule heat pump service with Jack Lehr, we’ll never send a subcontractor to your home.
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. At Jack Lehr, we’re committed to quality and want you as a lifelong customer.
- Top-of-the-line products. We sell and install only the highest quality heat pump systems that offer longer warranties—and we honor those warranties should anything go wrong!
- Respect for your home or business. We always clean our work area when we finish a job and use shoe covers and drop cloths to protect your home.
- Financing options. Jack Lehr offers financing options to customers with approved credit who qualify through the EnergyLoan program and Wells Fargo. We also accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
- And more!
Whether you need heat pump installation, repair, maintenance, or replacement in the Greater Lehigh Valley area, call the experts at Jack Lehr to schedule service.
Heat Pump Services in the Greater Lehigh Valley
Whatever your heat pump needs—installation, replacement, maintenance, or repair—there’s only one company to know, and that’s Jack Lehr.