It can be hard to decide between recessed lighting (sometimes called downlights or can lights) and traditional ceiling lights. Whether you are going for a minimalist decorating aesthetic, or trying to keep the focus on a certain part of a room, recessed lighting is a great lighting option to consider for your home or business. At Jack Lehr, our licensed electricians are committed to providing excellent service, and that means answering any questions you may have when deciding which type of lighting is the best fit for your space.
If you’re looking for certified electricians in the Allentown and Greater Lehigh Valley area to install recessed lighting, call the experts at Jack Lehr at 888-454-7365 to schedule a service.
Where to Install Recessed Lighting in Your Home
Recessed lighting refers to lighting fixtures that are installed inside a hollow opening in the ceiling instead of hanging down from it. The only part of recessed lights that are visible is the decorative trim; the rest of the fixture is inside the ceiling and hidden from view. The sleek design of recessed lighting makes them an extremely versatile lighting option.
Here are some suggestions of where Jack Lehr professionals can install recessed lighting in your home:
- Kitchen and kitchen island lighting. Adding recessed lights to a kitchen is a great way to illuminate your cooking space without causing clutter.
- Bathrooms. Recessed lights are excellent choices for a bathroom because they are the only type of lighting that come with special shower trims which allow a light to be completely covered and create a waterproofed seal.
- Basements. Or, other rooms with a fairly low ceiling height, are excellent places to install recessed lighting. Because recessed lighting is built into the ceiling, you don’t need to worry about any guests bumping their head on a light fixture that hangs too low.
- Living rooms. Most living rooms have a main, decorative source of light in the center of the room. But the light from that fixture may not always be powerful enough to illuminate every corner of the room. Adding recessed lighting to a living room lets you light up the entire space without clashing with the main light source’s style.
- Just about anywhere! One of the best qualities of recessed lighting is that they are very neutral in terms of decorating. Unlike other lighting sources such as chandeliers, pendants, or wall sconces, recessed lighting is a timeless choice that will never go out of style.
Ready to have recessed lighting added to your home or business? Schedule service now with Jack Lehr in the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton and Greater Lehigh Valley areas of Pennsylvania!
Recessed Lighting FAQs
- Can they be dimmed? Dimmers can be used on most types of recessed lighting. A professional electrician can set up your recessed lighting with a dimmer, giving you complete control over the lighting levels in your home.
- Can I use energy-efficient lightbulbs? Yes, recessed lights are compatible with both CFL (compact fluorescent) and LED (light emitting diode) lightbulbs. For best results, your Allentown electricians should ensure that the shape of the bulb is as close to the bulb specified by the manufacturer as possible.
- How many recessed lights do I need? This can depend on many factors, such as ceiling height, distance between lights, and wattage of the lightbulb being used. The expert electricians at Jack Lehr can help determine how many recessed lights your home or business needs.
- Can you put recessed lighting in a shower? Yes! As long as the light includes a special “shower trim” with a lens cover, recessed lighting is a great waterproof lighting option for the shower. The experts at Jack Lehr know exactly how to choose and place lighting that is safe for the wet environment of the bathroom.
Why Choose Jack Lehr Heating Cooling & Electric?
When you choose to work with Jack Lehr Heating Cooling & Electric to install recessed lighting in your Greater Lehigh Valley Home, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience.
- Certified technicians.
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
- Top-of-the-line products.
- Respect for your home or business.
- Financing options.
- And more!
For electrical services in the Greater Lehigh Valley area, call the experts at Jack Lehr to install recessed lighting in your home. We look forward to serving you!
Our Service Area: Alburtis, Allentown, Bath, Bethlehem, Breinigsville, Catasauqua, Center Valley, Cherryville, Coopersburg, Coplay, Danielsville, Easton, Emmaus, Fogelsville, Germansville, Hellertown, Lehighton, Macungie, Nazareth, New Tripoli, Northampton, Orefield, Pennsburg, Phillipsburg, Quakertown, Schnecksville, Stockertown, Trexlertown, Whitehall Township, Wind Gap, Zionsville, and the surrounding areas