A strong, dependable furnace for your Allentown home is an absolute necessity. That’s why when something goes awry with heating system, you need a quick, effective solution that is sure to meet your needs. Many homeowners seek professional furnace repair to restore comfort, a service our HVAC professionals are more than happy to provide. But sometimes getting a replacement offers a more cost-effective and time efficient solution.
Looking for gas furnace or electric furnace repair services? Contact the certified HVAC contractors at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric today!
Five Signs It’s Time for a Furnace Replacement
Whether a replacement or heating repair is the better option depends on the kind of issue you’re having. When you spot any of these signs, it’s time to seek a furnace replacement service:
- Your furnace is not heating your home. Furnace just not performing up the the standards you’re used to? This happens most commonly due to age, or a lack of professional furnace maintenance. But either way, once your furnace can no longer perform at your standards, it’s time to replace.
- Your furnace needs repair too often. Needing repair services every few years is nothing too unforgivable. But if you find yourself in need of repairs yearly, or repeatedly over a series of years, a replacement is just a better option. Repair costs can add up quickly, and within three or so repairs, you could have simply replaced as saved money and stress.
- Your heating bills are skyrocketing. If you’re seeing a ten, fifteen, or even twenty percent hike in your heating costs, a simple repair is not going to cut it. To restore your comfort and the efficiency you can expect from modern furnace systems, seek replacement.
- The furnace in your home is too old. Depending on the type of furnace you’re using, age may be the cause of your heating concerns. Gas furnaces tend to last around a decade or so, and you can only expect roughly five years past that with an electric furnace installation.
- Your pilot flame is malfunctioning. If your gas furnace is sporting a yellow flame, or a flame that refuses to stay lit, it may be time to seek replacement.
How To Extend the Life of Your Furnace System
Furnace replacement often offers an excellent solution to homeowners wanting more performance or efficiency from their heating system. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you want to seek replacement. To avoid the issues listed above, always be sure to seek routine professional maintenance for your heating system at least yearly. If you use a central heating and cooling system, be sure to pursue maintenance once in the spring, and once in the fall (cooling and heating).
Dependable Furnace Replacement Service in Allentown
The certified experts at Jack Lehr have been providing homeowners in our area with industry-leading products and top-tier service for years. When you need furnace replacement, or other furnace services, contact our team for quality you can depend on!