You may have heard of maintenance free HVAC systems, in fact, someone may have even tried to sell you one, touting the benefits of a maintenance free system. While a maintenance-free AC system certainly sounds cost effective and easy to care for, the question is can an HVAC system really work well without regular HVAC maintenance?
Short Answer: All HVAC Systems Need Maintenance
The answer to this question is that HVAC maintenance will still be necessary, no matter what system you have. While you may purchase a sealed system with the understanding that there will be less maintenance, there will still be regular maintenance that will need to be done. A sealed system may require less work, but it will still need maintenance yearly to make sure the basics are covered.
What Kind of Maintenance?
This HVAC maintenance will include things like filter changes, cleaning the coil, and making sure all parts are working efficiently and safely.
No matter what type of HVAC system you have regular maintenance is important. You may consider putting it on the backburner or putting it off altogether, but this is not a good idea. Here are just a few of the reasons you should consider regular maintenance no matter which HVAC system you own:
- Your system will run more efficiently with regular maintenance.
- Regular maintenance makes sure your system is safe, keeping your home and your family safe.
- Regular maintenance can extend your system’s lifetime.
- Keeping your system maintained will save you money on your energy bills.
- Having small problems fixed right away can stop bigger issues from arising.
- Making sure a professional maintains your system will ensure that your warranty stays in place.
- A maintained system is a clean system and this means the air in your home will also be cleaner.
Make Sure You Have a Maintenance Agreement
If you are looking to save money on your heating and cooling costs, extend the life of your system and make sure your family stays safe, regular maintenance is a must. With regular maintenance, you can have a system that runs both effectively and efficiently and even if your system is sealed, regular HVAC maintenance is still advised to keep it in good condition.
If you would like to learn more about the positive benefits of regular HVAC maintenance or you would like to schedule an appointment for maintenance, contact the team at Jack Lehr today. We have been working hard for over 40 years, guaranteeing 100% customer satisfaction on every job we do.