There are certain things that may cause you to need an air conditioning replacement. While sometimes your air conditioner will just stop working, most of the time there will be signs you can look for which may prevent you having to call for emergency services, and save you money in the long run.
When an air conditioner is getting to the end of its life span, it will begin to work less efficiently, if your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing your system before it starts showing signs. Not only will you save money on repairs later in its life, but new technology is significantly improved when it comes to energy usage.
Five Signs Your AC Unit Is At the End of Its Life
Watch for these five signs, and if you suspect your air conditioner may need repairs, or replacement, contact us at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling, & Electric.
- Your energy bills have risen significantly without a big change in the season’s temperature. As air conditioners age they may need to work harder to cool your home, this can quickly raise your energy usage.
- You have compared your energy costs to those that live around you and have discovered that your energy costs are much higher. If your system is older than 10 years old, you may want to consider replacing the current unit.
- You have had to make calls to your air conditioner technician several times throughout the season. Having to make repairs to your current system too often can be a sign that your air conditioner is reaching the end of its life.
- There are loud or unusual noises coming from your air conditioner. Loud noises can be a sign that your system has missing parts, air leaks, or is having trouble working to its full capacity.
- You have inconsistencies in temperature throughout your home. When you have colder or warmer pockets throughout your home this can be due to your air conditioner not being able to meet the cooling demands throughout your home.
Contact Jack Lehr For Your Air Conditioning Replacement
If you suspect that your air conditioner may need replacing, it is a good idea to contact a cooling expert before the warmer months hit. Jack Lehr has been in business for over 40 years, working with both home and business owners in the Greater Lehigh Valley area. We have built our business by treating our customers and their homes or businesses with respect. We believe in providing the highest quality workmanship, this is why all of our heating, cooling, and electric specialists are certified. Our 100% satisfaction guarantee is given on all services we provide, giving our customers peace of mind.
If you are in need of air conditioning replacement, or you are questioning whether you can extend the life of your current air conditioner, contact us today at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric.