Common Heat Pump Problems in Easton and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Heat pumps are reliable heating and cooling systems and can last up to 15 years, but sometimes they require professional repair. Here are common warnings signs that you need heat pump repair services or heat pump troubleshooting from a licensed professional:
- The heat pump or compressor won’t start – Check your circuit breaker first. Turn it off to reset it, then turn it on. If this doesn’t fix the problem, call for service.
- Either the indoor or outdoor fan isn’t running – Fan trouble can mean anything from a broken thermostat to a motor failure.
- The heat pump seems to be running, but it is not cooling or heating – Check your thermostat first; if that isn’t the problem, check your heat pump filter. If it’s clogged or dirty, it may be affecting the pump’s performance.
- It is cooling or heating too much – Overheating or cooling is usually caused by a broken thermostat or an electrical wiring problem.
- Any part of the pump won’t turn off – This can be caused by a number of things, including a stuck valve. Digital controls have minimum run times, so allow 10 minutes for the unit to respond.
- The pump is leaking – Leaking typically signals an issue with the condensate pan or a blocked drain pipe.
- The pump is making a loud noise – Unusual noise coming from your heat pump can indicate several issues. Please call us to avoid additional damage.
- No part of the pump is working – If the pump won’t turn on at all, check your circuit breaker and any power switches on your HVAC equipment. If those aren’t causing the problem, call for service.
If you’ve tried to troubleshoot your heat pump but have not been able to fix the problem yourself, contact the Allentown HVAC company you can count on—Jack Lehr. With more than 40 years serving the Greater Lehigh Valley community, we are confident in our ability to solve your heat pump problems quickly and completely.
Jack Lehr’s Heat Pump Repair Service in the Lehigh Valley
One of our NATE-certified technicians will arrive at your home or business to assess your heat pump problem using the most reliable diagnostic techniques. Once the problem and solution are determined, our technician will discuss the repairs with you and get to work to bring back your home comfort. Our transparent process will ensure that you come away from the problem understanding what went wrong, and what we did to fix it.
We won’t leave without starting your heat pump and ensuring it’s working properly! If it turns out your heat pump is beyond repairs, don’t worry. We will help you find the right system for a new heat pump installation.
Sign Up for Regular Heat Pump Tune-Ups
Did you know a heat pump tune-up can help prevent future breakdowns? Experts recommend having your heat pump tuned up twice a year—between warm and cool seasons—to avoid having your heat pump fail on the hottest day of summer or the coldest day of winter. If you live in Allentown, Bethlehem, or Easton, PA, sign up for one of our Preferred Client Plans for heat pump maintenance and repair discounts and more!
Check out our heat pump maintenance agreements offered when you install a new heat pump with Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric.
Why Choose Jack Lehr for Allentown, Pennsylvania Heat Pump Repairs?
When you call us for heat pump repair, you get:
- Years of experience. We’re a local, family owned company and have been providing superior service at reasonable prices for more than 40 years.
- Certified technicians. When you schedule HVAC or electrical service with Jack Lehr, we’ll never send a subcontractor to your home.
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. At Jack Lehr, we’re committed to quality and want you as a lifelong customer.
- Respect for your home or business. We always clean our work area when we finish a job and use shoe covers and drop cloths to protect your home.
- Financing options. Jack Lehr offers financing options to customers with approved credit who qualify through the EnergyLoan program and Wells Fargo. We also accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).
- And more!
Never ask “Where can I find heat pump repair near me?” again! At Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we consider you a neighbor, and we want your home to be as safe and comfortable as possible. When you need HVAC service of any kind, make us your first call at 888-454-7365.