Generator Repair Near Me in Allentown, Bethlehem & Easton, PA
Whether a storm knocks your power out or your area is prone to electrical outages, having a generator can help keep you and your family safe and comfortable during an emergency.
Once you have a generator, it is important to keep it maintained to ensure it works correctly when you need it. If you’re in need of generator repair or maintenance in Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, or throughout the surrounding Greater Lehigh Valley, Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric can help.
Call us at 888-454-7365 or schedule an appointment online for generator repair in Allentown, Bethlehem, or Easton!
Portable Generator Repair in Allentown, Easton & Bethlehem
There are many reasons you may need portable generator repair at your Allentown area home. Here are some of the reasons you may have a generator that’s not working:
- Discrepancy in Power Levels – If the reflected power level on your generator does not feel like it is providing the power you feel it should, or it is not matching the forward power, your portable generator may have wiring issues that need to be looked at by an experienced generator repair professional.
- Gas Generator Not Working Efficiently – If you have a portable gas generator, it is important to keep the oil levels right. Your generator needs the correct oil level to be able to work correctly and efficiently.
- Indicator Light & Display Not Working – If your indicator or display are not showing up on your generator, you may need to run a couple of tests to ensure it is not a serious issue. The first thing to do is to make sure the circuit breaker that is located at the back of the generator is on. If this is not the problem, you will want to check with a voltage meter that the generator is getting power. If it seems your generator is getting power and still not working, it could be the cause of a major electrical problem.
Have you noticed any of these problems? Contact us to schedule generator repair in the Easton area, including Allentown and Bethlehem!
Standby Generator Repair in Allentown, Easton & Bethlehem
Standby generators are permanently installed on your property and have a constant source of fuel. This generally leads to fewer problems arising, however, standby generators are not immune altogether. Here are two of the most common standby generator problems we see in the Bethlehem area:
- Overheating – If you find your generator switches off too often, it may be overheating. If your standby generator overheats it may cause the engine to burn out. This overheating can be caused by drawing too much power at once from your standby generator.
- Engine Stalling – Another reason for your generator to lose power often could be that your generator needs an oil change. Oil can easily become stale and break down, causing the internal parts of the engine to not lubricate properly. Regular maintenance and oil changes can help prevent this issue.
Keep your generator operating when you need it most! Contact us to schedule generator repair in the Bethlehem area, including Allentown and Easton.
Whole-Home Generator Installation in Allentown, PA
Sick of dealing with the hassle of a portable generator? Has your old whole-home generator bit the dust? We can help. A whole-home generator (also called a “standby generator”) is the ideal choice for homeowners looking to retain the majority of their home’s functionality during an outage. Whole-home units are ideal because they can operate for days, even weeks if needed, and they are hardy enough to power all of the electrical systems within your home if sized appropriately. Additionally, and unlike portable generators, a whole-home system is nearly silent when operating.
At Jack Lehr, we are proud to offer top-class natural gas generator options from Trane, bringing you a reliable, trusted product that will be installed and serviced by experts with the training needed to get the job done right. Whether you’re looking to power every circuit in your home, or just need the essentials, we have the best products around and the knowledge to implement them effectively.
How Big of a Generator Do I Need to Power My PA Home?
When looking for a generator for home use the size will be dictated by the number of appliances or circuits you want to power in your home. A bare-bones system will typically operate lights, refrigeration, and the water heater—sometimes HVAC systems or air quality systems. The best way to size your generator properly is to simply have a professional do it for you. However, if you’re interested and trying to estimate, you’ll need to find the electrical demand of your home. This requires you to list out the items that will be powered, how much power they consume (both while running and when starting), and then calculating these figures into the total kW needed.
The size will also impact the cost of the generator and the cost of installation, which bears keeping in mind. With that said, generators are much more versatile these days, and typically there’s an affordable option for everyone.
Call for Generator Repair or Replacement in Allentown, Easton & Bethlehem
Never ask “Where can I get generator repair near me?” again! If you are in need of generator repair in the Allentown, PA, area, contact the experts today at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric today! We are a family business that has worked with homeowners in the local area for over 40 years. We believe that without keeping our customers happy for all these years, our business would not be where it is today.
Call us now at 888-454-7365 to schedule generator repair in Bethlehem, Easton, and Allentown!
You may also be interested in: