Whether a storm knocks your power out or your area is prone to electrical outages, having a generator can help keep you and your family safe and comfortable during an emergency.
Once you have a generator, it is important to keep it maintained to ensure it works correctly when you need it. If you’re in need of generator repair or maintenance in Allentown or throughout the surrounding Greater Lehigh Valley, Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric, can help. Call us today at 888-454-7365 or schedule an appointment online!
Portable Generator Repair
There are many reasons you may need repair for your portable generator. Here are some of the reasons you may have a generator that’s not working:
- Discrepancy in Power Levels – If the reflected power level on your generator does not feel like it is providing the power you feel it should, or it is not matching the forward power, your portable generator may have wiring issues that need to be looked at by an experienced generator repair professional.
- Gas Generator Not Working Efficiently – If you have a portable gas generator, it is important to keep the oil levels right. Your generator needs the correct oil level to be able to work correctly and efficiently.
- Indicator Light and Display Not Working – If your indicator or display are not showing up on your generator, you may need to run a couple of tests to ensure it is not a serious issue. The first thing to do is to make sure the circuit breaker that is located at the back of the generator is on. If this is not the problem, you will want to check with a voltage meter that the generator is getting power. If it seems your generator is getting power and still not working, it could be the cause of a major electrical problem.
Standby Generator Repair
Standby generators are permanently installed on your property and have a constant source of fuel. This generally leads to less problems arising, however, standby generators are not immune all together. Here are two of the most common standby generator problems:
- Overheating – If you find your generator switches off too often, it may be overheating. If your standby generator overheats it may cause the engine to burn out. This overheating can be caused by drawing too much power at once from your standby generator.
- Engine Stalling – Another reason for your generator to lose power often could be that your generator needs an oil change. Oil can easily become stale and break down, causing the internal parts of the engine to not lubricate properly. Regular maintenance and oil changes can help prevent this issue.
Schedule Generator Repair in Allentown
Never ask “Where can I get generator repair near me?” again! If you are in need of generator repair in the Allentown, PA, area, contact the experts today at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric today! We are a family business that has worked with homeowners in the local area for over 40 years. We believe that without keeping our customers happy for all these years, our business would not be where it is today. Call us now at 888-454-7365!
You may enjoy: