Benefits of Installing a New Furnace from Jack Lehr
The biggest benefit of furnace installation is that most systems are much more energy efficient than models that are even just five to 10 years old. While a furnace should last 12-15 years, older models did not have as strict standards set by the Department of Energy for fuel efficiency. Furnace fuel efficiency is measured in AFUE, or annual fuel utilization efficiency, written as a percentage.
Since 2013, the minimum AFUE rating for gas furnaces in the state of PA is 90%. Likely, a new system will automatically be more fuel efficient than the system you had installed eight or 10 years ago—meaning you could save some serious dollars on your annual energy costs. Whether you live close to the Lehigh River or the Lehigh Valley International Airport, you don’t have to worry about how to afford heat for your home with Jack Lehr.
Additionally, a new furnace installation can provide:
- Dependable heat all season long
- Increased home comfort
- Quieter operation
- More modern technological improvements
- Reduced chance of costly repairs this winter
Jack Lehr Installs Trane Furnaces
Trane furnaces are known for their dependability and excellent product selection. And the best part? Trane usually offers excellent financing offers that make replacing your furnace an easy choice! Give us a call to set up your consultation and we’ll help you find the Trane furnace that’s best for your home.
Can I DIY Furnace Installation?
No! Besides needing a license to install a furnace and potentially voiding your manufacturer’s warranty by installing a furnace yourself, here are some additional reasons why DIY furnace installation is a bad idea:
- Electrical hazards. As with any appliance, electricity usually plays a big role. Without training, a person could be at risk of electrical exposure. In the event of an incident, you may wind up with burns at the least, and serious bodily harm in the worst case scenario.
- Exposure to chemicals. Many furnaces utilize gas or oil as a fuel source. Neither of these fuels is to be taken lightly, as they pose risks of personal harm including suffocation, exposure, and skin damage.
- Cuts and worse. Sheet metal borders on razor-sharp. One moment you could be poking around with a flashlight, the next you could be dizzy from blood loss and on your way to the ER. Not a pretty situation!
- Risk of fire. Just as electricity and natural fuels pose a personal risk, they pose a property risk as well. Fire is not out of the question (in fact, it’s very possible), and could leave you in a very sticky situation—namely, one involving lots and lots of fire.
Furnace Installation FAQs
How much does it cost to install a furnace?
Installing a new furnace will cost at least a few thousand dollars, but the exact cost will depend on:
- The size of your home (and therefore the heating capacity required)
- What level of efficiency you’re looking for
- Fuel type (electric, gas, or oil)
How long does it take to put in a new furnace?
If you’re simply swapping out and an old unit for a new one, installation typically takes a few hours (a single day). However, if you’re installing a furnace for the first time in a home or switching from one type of fuel to another (e.g. oil to gas), it could take a bit longer to hook up necessary ductwork and/or gas lines, as necessary.
What is the average life expectancy of a gas furnace?
The average life expectancy of a gas furnace is 15-30 years, depending on how much it’s used and how frequently it gets professional service.
Furnace Maintenance Agreements in Bethlehem, PA
Another way to increase your home comfort and savings is to sign up for a furnace maintenance agreement. Not only will you extend the life of your new furnace and help prevent mid-season breakdowns, you’ll also receive several other perks when you’re enrolled in our Preferred Client Plan:
- Priority service, including 24-hour emergency service
- Free or discounted repairs
- Discounts on parts and labor
- Two-year warranty on repairs
- And more
Choose Jack Lehr for Furnace Installation in Bethlehem, PA
When you’re looking for a furnace installation company, we know you have a lot of companies to choose from. When you choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience. We’re a local, family-owned company and have been providing superior service at reasonable prices in the Bethlehem area for more than 40 years.
- NATE-certified technicians. When you schedule furnace installation service with Jack Lehr, we’ll never send a sub-contractor to your home.
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. At Jack Lehr, we’re committed to quality and want you as a lifelong customer.
- Top-of-the-line furnaces. We sell and install only the highest quality furnaces that offer longer warranties—and we honor those warranties should anything go wrong!
- Respect for your home or business. We always clean our work area when we finish a job and use shoe covers and drop cloths to protect your home.
- Financing options. Jack Lehr offers financing programs to those who qualify through the EnergyLoan program and Wells Fargo. We also accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover).
When you need furnace installation or replacement in Bethlehem, call the experts at Jack Lehr at 888-454-7365 to request a free system estimate.
for Bethlehem, PA
Central air unit
Herb - Bethlehem, PA
Great service knowledgeable technician
John - Bethlehem, PA
The gentleman that was here was very good & neat.
Nice work preparing my entire AC system!
Joseph V. Doria - Bethlehem, PA
Sam I and 2 were helpful, friendly and did good work preparing my AC system for the hot, humid weather ahead. My wife and I are older, have medical issues, breathing problems among them and we feel safe for the summer and fall. Thank You
Dave - Bethlehem, PA
The service man was professional, courteous, and took the time to explain everything that he did.
Cooling Preventive Maintenance
Glen - Bethlehem, PA
Ty our technician was on time and very polite. All work was completed in a timely manner and a full report given to us.
Service was great
Robert - Bethlehem, PA
Workers were very polite and neat with their work.
mike was great, explained everything
Nick - Bethlehem, PA
Thomas - Bethlehem, PA
Frank - Bethlehem, PA
My-Lien - Bethlehem, PA
Great service, but we're holding off on five stars because of final touch-up points that could have made it a perfect job. First, we still have one loose end to take care of ourselves. Although we knew of and agreed to having to cover the hole made on the deck, it would have been better if that could have been taken care of as well, at an additional fee if needed. Second, since insulation had to be removed to drill holes to push the pipes to the outside, at completion the spaces in between the beams could have been filled back with additional insulation on top of the sealer foam, so that those spaces wouldn't be bare compared to the ones adjoining them and be just as insulated. .