Benefits of Installing a New Furnace from Jack Lehr
The biggest benefit of furnace installation is that most systems are much more energy efficient than models that are even just five to 10 years old. While a furnace should last 12-15 years, older models did not have as strict standards set by the Department of Energy for fuel efficiency. Furnace fuel efficiency is measured in AFUE, or annual fuel utilization efficiency, written as a percentage.
Since 2013, the minimum AFUE rating for gas furnaces in the state of PA is 90%. Likely, a new system will automatically be more fuel efficient than the system you had installed eight or 10 years ago—meaning you could save some serious dollars on your annual energy costs. Whether you live close to the Lehigh River or the Lehigh Valley International Airport, you don’t have to worry about how to afford heat for your home with Jack Lehr.
Additionally, a new furnace installation can provide:
- Dependable heat all season long
- Increased home comfort
- Quieter operation
- More modern technological improvements
- Reduced chance of costly repairs this winter
Jack Lehr Installs Trane Furnaces
Trane furnaces are known for their dependability and excellent product selection. And the best part? Trane usually offers excellent financing offers that make replacing your furnace an easy choice! Give us a call to set up your consultation and we’ll help you find the Trane furnace that’s best for your home.
Can I DIY Furnace Installation?
No! Besides needing a license to install a furnace and potentially voiding your manufacturer’s warranty by installing a furnace yourself, here are some additional reasons why DIY furnace installation is a bad idea:
- Electrical hazards. As with any appliance, electricity usually plays a big role. Without training, a person could be at risk of electrical exposure. In the event of an incident, you may wind up with burns at the least, and serious bodily harm in the worst case scenario.
- Exposure to chemicals. Many furnaces utilize gas or oil as a fuel source. Neither of these fuels is to be taken lightly, as they pose risks of personal harm including suffocation, exposure, and skin damage.
- Cuts and worse. Sheet metal borders on razor-sharp. One moment you could be poking around with a flashlight, the next you could be dizzy from blood loss and on your way to the ER. Not a pretty situation!
- Risk of fire. Just as electricity and natural fuels pose a personal risk, they pose a property risk as well. Fire is not out of the question (in fact, it’s very possible), and could leave you in a very sticky situation—namely, one involving lots and lots of fire.
Furnace Installation FAQs
How much does it cost to install a furnace?
Installing a new furnace will cost at least a few thousand dollars, but the exact cost will depend on:
- The size of your home (and therefore the heating capacity required)
- What level of efficiency you’re looking for
- Fuel type (electric, gas, or oil)
How long does it take to put in a new furnace?
If you’re simply swapping out and an old unit for a new one, installation typically takes a few hours (a single day). However, if you’re installing a furnace for the first time in a home or switching from one type of fuel to another (e.g. oil to gas), it could take a bit longer to hook up necessary ductwork and/or gas lines, as necessary.
What is the average life expectancy of a gas furnace?
The average life expectancy of a gas furnace is 15-30 years, depending on how much it’s used and how frequently it gets professional service.
Furnace Maintenance Agreements in Bethlehem, PA
Another way to increase your home comfort and savings is to sign up for a furnace maintenance agreement. Not only will you extend the life of your new furnace and help prevent mid-season breakdowns, you’ll also receive several other perks when you’re enrolled in our Preferred Client Plan:
- Priority service, including 24-hour emergency service
- Free or discounted repairs
- Discounts on parts and labor
- Two-year warranty on repairs
- And more
Choose Jack Lehr for Furnace Installation in Bethlehem, PA
When you’re looking for a furnace installation company, we know you have a lot of companies to choose from. When you choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience. We’re a local, family-owned company and have been providing superior service at reasonable prices in the Bethlehem area for more than 40 years.
- NATE-certified technicians. When you schedule furnace installation service with Jack Lehr, we’ll never send a sub-contractor to your home.
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. At Jack Lehr, we’re committed to quality and want you as a lifelong customer.
- Top-of-the-line furnaces. We sell and install only the highest quality furnaces that offer longer warranties—and we honor those warranties should anything go wrong!
- Respect for your home or business. We always clean our work area when we finish a job and use shoe covers and drop cloths to protect your home.
- Financing options. Jack Lehr offers financing programs to those who qualify through the EnergyLoan program and Wells Fargo. We also accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover).
When you need furnace installation or replacement in Bethlehem, call the experts at Jack Lehr at 888-454-7365 to request a free system estimate.
for Bethlehem, PA
Glenn - Bethlehem, PA
The entire team worked well together and completed the installation very efficiently. We appreciated their care and concern with our personal property and took the time to cover all areas came in contact with. We would definitely recommend Jack Lehr for all heating and cooling needs.
Debra - Bethlehem, PA
Great service and value! We love having the service plan to know that we are a priority for maintenance and for repairs--if/when they might be necessary
Tom - Bethlehem, PA
Technician showed up on time, advised me what he would be doing for my bi-annual service check-up and shared what he found when he was done. All-around great job.
Richard - Bethlehem, PA
Greatxtesponse time for our building. First heat requested so I was surprised about the reason for no heat but happy for the service answer.
Great Service, Reliable, Well-Priced
Lisa - Bethlehem, PA
Edward - Bethlehem, PA
HVAC Install and recent service
Charles - Bethlehem, PA
Prompt, courteous, knowledgeable
heating system checkup
Harry - Bethlehem, PA
all good - heating system checks out ok.... tech was courteous and well spoken
Herb - Bethlehem, PA
Thorough as usual
Rick - Bethlehem, PA
Ryan covered everything and answered all my questions and concerns as always.