Are you sick of clanging and breakdowns from your old furnace? Stop tolerating it! Upgrading your existing home heating system means huge savings in your energy bill, even if your furnace is under 10 years old! Newer models have higher efficiency ratings, meaning you get more heat for less money. You can trust your new furnace installation to the experts at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric. We’ve been providing reliable and professional furnace installation throughout the Greater Lehigh Valley area for more than 40 years.
Why are you paying extra each month for an inefficient furnace? Start saving today by requesting an estimate on electric or gas furnace replacement from our furnace sales experts »
Our Furnace Installation Process
A lot more goes into the furnace installation process than simply plugging it in and turning it on. The expert furnace installers at Jack Lehr conduct Manual J calculations to make sure your furnace is properly sized for maximum comfort and efficiency, and we install your new heating system according to Quality Installation guidelines where applicable. This means your new heating system will be:
- Correctly sized to meet your home or business’s needs
- Properly connected to a well-sealed duct system
- Efficiently operating with sufficient airflow
All of our furnace installations include a thorough start-up of the equipment and a review of the installation checklist in your home or office. Our job is not done until you initial that our full start-up, checklist, and explanations of the HVAC system are completed to your satisfaction.
Searching for gas furnace installers “in my area” near Allentown? Call Jack Lehr, your local furnace company, today at 888-454-7365.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace From Jack Lehr
The biggest benefit of new furnace installation is that most systems are much more energy efficient than models that are even just 5-10 years old. While a furnace should last 12-15 years, older models did not have as strict standards (set by the Department of Energy) for fuel efficiency. Furnace fuel efficiency is measured in AFUE, or annual fuel utilization efficiency, written as a percentage. Since 2013, the minimum AFUE rating for gas furnaces in the state of Pennsylvania is 90%. Likely, a new system will automatically be more fuel efficient than the system you had installed 8 or 10 years ago—meaning you could save hundreds on your annual energy costs.
In addition, new furnace installation provides for:
- Dependable heat all season long
- Increased home comfort
- Quieter operation and more modern technological improvements
- Lesser chance of costly furnace repairs this winter
Jack Lehr is among the best furnace installation companies in the Greater Lehigh Valley area. Schedule your furnace replacement today!
Prevent Premature Replacement With Furnace Maintenance
Another way to increase your home comfort and savings is to sign up for a furnace maintenance agreement. Not only will you extend the life of your new furnace and help prevent midseason breakdowns, you’ll also receive several other perks when you’re enrolled in our Preferred Client Plan:
- Priority service, including 24-hour emergency service
- Free or discounted repairs
- Discounts on parts and labor
- Two-year warranty on repairs
- And more
Don’t forget to sign up for one of the maintenance agreements offered by Jack Lehr »
Furnace Installation FAQs
How much does it cost to install a furnace?
Installing a new furnace will cost at least a few thousand dollars, but the exact cost will depend on:
- The size of your home (and therefore the heating capacity required)
- What level of efficiency you’re looking for
- Fuel type (electric, gas, or oil)
How long does it take to put in a new furnace?
If you’re simply swapping out an old unit for a new one, installation typically takes a few hours (a single day). However, if you’re installing a furnace for the first time in a home or switching from one type of fuel to another (e.g. oil to gas), it could take a bit longer to hook up necessary ductwork and/or gas lines, as necessary.
What is the average life expectancy of a gas furnace?
The average life expectancy of a gas furnace is 15-30 years, depending on how much it’s used and how frequently it gets professional service. If your system is nearing 15-20 years of age and isn’t performing well, you might want to consider gas furnace replacement.
What size furnace do I need for a 2,000-square-foot home?
A home of 2,000 square feet would need approximately 50,000 to 60,000 Btu to heat it properly, but the amount of heat needed also depends on how many rooms there are, the layout of the home, the number of stories, and the orientation of windows in the home.
Is a permit required to install a furnace?
Yes. A permit must be obtained to replace a furnace in the state of Pennsylvania (and most other states).
Request a Furnace Installation Estimate Today!
When you need furnace installation or replacement in the Greater Lehigh Valley area, call the experts at Jack Lehr to request a free system estimate and get started living a more comfortable life!
Why Choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric?
When you’re looking for a furnace installation company in the Greater Lehigh Valley area, we know you have a lot of companies to choose from. When you choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience. We’re a local, family-owned company and have been providing superior service at reasonable prices for more than 40 years.
- NATE-certified technicians. When you schedule furnace service with Jack Lehr, we’ll never send a subcontractor to your home.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. At Jack Lehr, we’re committed to quality and want you as a lifelong customer.
- Top-of-the-line furnaces. We sell and install only the highest-quality furnaces that offer longer warranties—and we honor those warranties should anything go wrong!
- Respect for your home or business. We always clean our work area when we finish a job and use shoe covers and drop cloths to protect your home.
- Financing options. Jack Lehr offers financing options to those with approved credit who qualify through the EnergyLoan program and Wells Fargo. We also accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover).