What Happens During a Home Energy Audit?
When you schedule a home energy assessment with Jack Lehr, we’ll send a Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified energy analyst to your home to perform tests on your heating and cooling systems and to determine if any air is leaking from your home.
Once your assessment is completed, we’ll recommend any energy saving measures you can take and the savings you can expect—such as:
Your utility company will reimburse you $150 or $250 depending on the type of heating and cooling system you have. If you choose to implement our analyst’s recommendations, you also could qualify for additional rebates. We’ll then repeat our assessment post implementation!
What Are the Benefits of Home Energy Assessment?
When you have a home energy audit performed at your Lehigh Valley area home, you find out how efficiency—or inefficient—your home is. So what exactly can an energy assessment do for your Lehigh Valley home? The answer is quite a lot! When you choose to pursue service with our team at Jack Lehr, you can gain:
- Improvements to comfort and efficiency. By sealing air leaks and addressing common causes for lowered HVAC power, an energy assessment can help you to get a lot more heating and cooling effectiveness from your system.
- Lower heating and cooling costs. Not only could your home get a lot more cozy—you could save money while getting more comfort! By addressing air leaks and duct leaks, and by applying new HVAC upgrades, your system gains considerably more efficiency, meaning it needs to consume less energy to get its job done.
- Better, stronger ventilation and ducts. As time goes on, ducts begin to develop a lot of signs of wear and tear. This not only drops efficiency and home comfort, but often results in needing a complete ventilation replacement. By getting an assessment, you can prevent high replacement and failure costs in the future.
- A safer, well-protected home. The trouble with having air leaks isn’t just worrying about what’s getting out. Many homes suffer from excess moisture and mold problems—an issue typically created by having exposed areas in the home. An assessment can locate these trouble spots, effectively protecting your home from water and mold damage.
- Higher resale value for your home. Every dollar saved on energy drastically increases the value of your home. If you plan on selling in the Allentown area, an energy assessment is a great place to start on adding value through home upgrades.
After we have assessed the efficiency of your home and changes have been made based on our recommendations, you can expect improved home comfort, reduced costs in energy use, and increased home safety.
HOW MUCH COULD YOU BE SAVING ON YOUR ENERGY BILLS?
With energy prices rising, now is the time to make your home more energy efficient. At Jack Lehr, we offer home energy assessments in the Allentown, PA and surrounding Greater Lehigh Valley area. When you schedule your energy assessment, you’ll become eligible for a $150-250 rebate from your utility company, and you could also qualify for additional rebates if you choose to implement any of our energy-saving home improvements!
Why Choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric for a Home Energy Audit in the Greater Lehigh Valley Area?
Jack Lehr is a certified Building Performance Institute building analyst located in the PPL Electric Utilities’ service territory, making us your go-to choice for home energy assessments in the Greater Lehigh Valley. For over 40 years, your neighbors have chosen Jack Lehr. When you choose us for your home energy assessment, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience
- Certified building analysts and on-staff professional engineer
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
- Top-of-the-line products
- Respect for your home or business
- Financing options with approved credit
- And more!
Our Service Area: Alburtis, Allentown, Bath, Bethlehem, Breinigsville, Catasauqua, Center Valley, Cherryville, Coopersburg, Coplay, Danielsville, Easton, Emmaus, Fogelsville, Germansville, Hellertown, Lehighton, Macungie, Nazareth, New Tripoli, Northampton, Orefield, Pennsburg, Phillipsburg, Quakertown, Schnecksville, Stockertown, Trexlertown, Whitehall Township, Wind Gap, Zionsville, and the surrounding areas