Circuit breakers are the most essential part of the wiring in your home or business. Without circuit breakers, the potential danger of an electrical fire makes electricity in a building not even practical. A circuit breaker is an automatic electrical switch that is specifically designed to protect electrical circuits from any damage when there is a short circuit or electrical overload.
Jack Lehr installs, repairs, and upgrades circuit breakers for homeowners and business owners alike in the Greater Lehigh Valley.
Whether you are working on a new construction project and need full-building circuit breaker installations or are simply looking to upgrade your circuit breaker in your home, no job is too small for Jack Lehr.
Contact our master electricians in the Greater Lehigh Valley today to schedule circuit breaker installation. Just call 888-454-7365.
Upgrading Your Circuit Breaker
If you have an older home, you may find that your old circuit breaker does not have enough amps to manage all of the items in your home. Most modern circuit breaker panels have around 200 amp or more. Circuit breakers should last at least 30 to 40 years, but if you have an older home and the electrical has never been touched, it may be time for an upgrade.
Do Breakers Get Weak?
Yes! After 15-20 years of usage, circuit breakers can get weak and begin tripping more frequently. An electrician may be able to suggest other solutions to this problem, but an upgrade will likely be more cost-effective in the long run.
Installing a Circuit Breaker: Leave It to the Pros
Contact one of our professional electricians to complete your circuit breaker upgrade—this is not a task that an untrained professional should take on!
Correct installation of your circuit breaker will ensure reliability. And for safety’s sake, it is important that you do not take on this task by yourself. If you’re not familiar or comfortable working around electricity, call the experts. Remember that if you improperly install a circuit breaker, it can start a fire. Electricity coming into your home’s electrical panel can be extremely hazardous.
Installing a circuit breaker in a live panel should always be done by a licensed electrician. Jack Lehr Heating Cooling & Electric can replace your obsolete circuit breaker in the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, and Greater Lehigh Valley areas of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Call us today at 888-454-7365.
Circuit Breaker Testing
Maintaining your circuit breaker requires accurate and organized testing. It’s important to test your circuit accurately and the same way every time so that you can compare previous tests. Comparisons can provide a better picture of any changes that may have occurred over time indicating if the circuit breaker is working properly. Accurate testing requires analytical tools and proper reporting. It is best to have a professional conduct your circuit breaker testing to ensure valid results.
How to Identify Circuit Breaker Types
There are many types of circuit breakers, but three common types include:
- Standard circuit breakers—Single or double pole breakers. Single pole breakers are the most common breakers in a home. Double pole breakers typically occupy two spots on a circuit breaker panel and usually handle large appliances like water heaters and dryers.
- Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) circuit breakers—These breakers cut power to the circuit when they are tripped by a current overload. These circuits are recommended in workshops where power tools are being used. It is not recommended to use this type of breaker for household appliances like refrigerators because the breaker can trip and turn off your appliance without you knowing.
- Arc-fault circuit-interrupter (AFCI) circuit breakers—Protect against electrical discharges that follow an abnormal path from electrical cords. The arc will automatically shut off the electrical source because it can get hot enough to start a fire. These circuit breakers are found mostly in older homes.
Why Choose Jack Lehr for Circuit Breaker Services in Allentown?
When you’re looking for an electrical company in the Allentown, PA and surrounding Greater Lehigh Valley area, we know you have a lot of companies to choose from. When you choose Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of experience. We’re a local, family-owned company that has been providing super service at reasonable prices for more than 40 years.
- Certified technicians. When you schedule electrical services with Jack Lehr, we’ll never send a subcontractor to your home.
- 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. At Jack Lehr, we’re committed to quality and want you as a lifelong customer.
- Top-of-the-line products. We sell and install only the highest quality products that offer longer warranties—and we honor those warranties should anything go wrong!
- Respect for your home or business. We always clean our work area when we finish a job and use shoe covers and drop cloths where necessary.
- Financing options. Jack Lehr offers financing options with approved credit through Wells Fargo. We also accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover).
- And more!
To contact a Jack Lehr professional for circuit breaker installation services, call us at 888-454-7365.