So your HVAC system is on the fritz, or you’re looking for someone who can handle a new system installation. That means you’re going to need a local HVAC contractor! But a quick check in the yellowpages or a swift search online will tell you quite quickly that there are dozens of HVAC companies in Pennsylvania—even quite a few just in the Allentown area.
So how do you pick the right one? How do you find someone who’s better than just “okay,” and a team that is going to treat you with respect and trust? The answer doesn’t always seem easy. But the specialists at Jack Lehr Heating, Cooling & Electric are here to help! Follow along to find out how to find your ideal pick.
How to Pick the Ideal AC Contractor in Allentown, PA
The good news is that finding a good team isn’t actually as hard as it first seems. All good contractors are going to display some very obvious signs that they’re the folks you want to work with. You just need to know what to watch out for:
- Licensed and certified contractors. If anyone is going to be working in your home doing contracted air conditioning work, they have to be certified and licensed. It’s not only the law, but it also tells you that your pick takes their business, and your trust, seriously.
- Strong local presence. Good businesses don’t tend to stay a secret for very long. The most trusted and utilized AC contractors tend to make themselves known, and if they don’t, word of mouth is often a good indicator of solid service.
- Uniforms, marked vehicles, and more. The display of decals and logos isn’t just a marketing thing. It also lets you know that the team you’re considering is an actual contractor. Unmarked vehicles and uniformless contractors are often indicators of a scam.
- Solid consumer reviews. Billboards, pop ups, clickbait—they have their place in advertising, sure. But when you’re trying to select a team that does good, reputable work, you should be looking at reviews from actual customers. Take some things with a grain of salt, but by looking at the whole picture you can usually suss out whether or not a team is worth your time.
- A team capable of making a good first impression. Never treat a consultation as a done deal! This is your chance to feel the AC contractor in Allentown out. Are they friendly, professional, and presentable? Do they answer your questions readily and avoid being vague? If yes, you’re on the right track.
- Clear pricing and no run-arounds. Hidden fees are nonsense. There’s just no other way to say it. Prices for HVAC work are often not set in stone, true, but a contractor should be ready to present you with a reasonable on paper estimate before they start any work.
Still Looking for an Air Conditioning Contractor in Allentown or the Lehigh Valley Area?
You’re in the right place! The specialists at Jack Lehr have been meeting the cooling needs of clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey for decades. With our experience, dedication to superior service, and satisfaction guarantees on your side, we can make certain you get the quality and dependability you deserve from top-class contractors.
Contact us online today to get started, or give us a call at (888) 454-7365 to set up your consultation now!